[systemd-devel] Mount options for $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Mon Mar 17 16:04:29 PDT 2014

Hi,

	Currently, XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/run/user/<UID> is mounted with rather
permissive, hardcoded mount options (or at least I couldn't find a documented
way of changing them). Specifically, a user is allowed to execute things from
his $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR. This effectively negates admin's ability to constrain
users, e.g. by mounting /home as noexec (I have seen this done in some
environments).
	Is there a need to allow execution from $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR? And how
should one configure its mount options?

Thanks,
--
Leonid Isaev
GPG key fingerprint: C0DF 20D0 C075 C3F1 E1BE  775A A7AE F6CB 164B 5A6D