[systemd-devel] failed to store sound card state

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 27 18:12:51 PDT 2014

On 2014-03-27 21:46 (GMT-0300) Cristian Rodríguez composed:

> Felix Miata composed:

>> I see this repeated often during reboot attempts that do not proceed as
>> expected to swiftly do the deed. It seems to be prerequisite to
>> shutdown/reboot. I can't recall ever seeing anything like it when
>> sysvinit was employed. Why does rebooting require the storing of a sound
>> card state, particularly when there are no connected speakers and no
>> sound system has been employed the entire time since booting (typical of
>> multiuser rather than graphical startup, 3 on Grub cmdline)?

> Hey! :-)

> This is not a systemd issue.. but an implementation detail of the alsa
> units instead.

Systemd controls startup and shutdown, right? Maybe what systemd requires it
do is too obtuse for the alsa people to figure out how to prevent shutdown
delays?

BTW, this is normally not a problem that I can recall. It occurs following
CAD that follows quickly on the heels of making a Grub menu selection and
realizing a selection error had been made, before any filesystems have been
mounted, and before many if not most units have been triggered to start.

> rpm -qf /usr/lib/systemd/system/alsa*.service | uniq
> alsa-utils-1.0.27.2-4.2.1.x86_64

???
alsa-utils-1.0.27.2-2.mga4
alsa-utils-1.0.27.2-5.fc21.i686