[systemd-devel] [212] systemd-networkd crashes with simple network config

Kai Krakow hurikhan77 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 13:03:04 PDT 2014

Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> schrieb:

> On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:

>>> I managed to get at least this backtrace. Somehow gdb did not autoload
>>> the symbols for systemd from /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/systemd...
>>>
>>> It is probably more helpful now (at least I hope).
>>>
>>> #0  0x0000003c49a82a7d in __libc_calloc (n=<optimized out>,
>>> elem_size=<optimized out>) at malloc.c:3172
>>>av = 0x3c49da9640 <main_arena>
>>>oldtop = 0x6884d0
>>>p = <optimized out>
>>>bytes = 88
>>>sz = 88
>>>csz = <optimized out>
>>>oldtopsize = 23344
>>>mem = 0x6715f0
>>>clearsize = <optimized out>
>>>nclears = <optimized out>
>>>d = <optimized out>
>>>hook = <optimized out>
>>>__func__ = "__libc_calloc"
>>
>> Hm, so the segfault happens in glibc... It is triggered by us calling
>> calloc(1, 88), which I think is a supported thing to do ;) At least as
>> far as I can tell this is not a bug on our side...
>
> Out of interest, what precise glibc version are you using?

# equery l glibc
 * Searching for glibc ...
[IP-] [  ] sys-libs/glibc-2.17:2.2

Gentoo has 2.{18,19} available but not marked stable yet.

# equery u glibc
[ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
[        : I - package is installed with flag     ]
[ Colors : set, unset                             ]
 * Found these USE flags for sys-libs/glibc-2.17:
 U I
 - - debug     : Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts and extra
                 output. If you want to get meaningful backtraces see
                 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
 + + gd        : build memusage and memusagestat tools
 + + nscd      : Build, and enable support for, the Name Service Cache
                 Daemon
 - - profile   : Add support for software performance analysis (will likely
                 vary from ebuild to ebuild)
 - - suid      : Make internal pt_chown helper setuid -- not needed if using
                 Linux and have /dev/pts mounted with gid=5
 - - systemtap : enable systemtap static probe points
 - - vanilla   : Do not add extra patches which change default behaviour; DO
                 NOT USE THIS ON A GLOBAL SCALE as the severity of the
                 meaning changes drastically

--
Replies to list only preferred.