[systemd-devel] [212] systemd-networkd crashes with simple network config

Kai Krakow hurikhan77 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 13:38:07 PDT 2014

poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com> schrieb:

>>> Out of interest, what precise glibc version are you using?
>>
>> # equery l glibc
>>  * Searching for glibc ...
>> [IP-] [  ] sys-libs/glibc-2.17:2.2
>>
>> Gentoo has 2.{18,19} available but not marked stable yet.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/
> Current Status
>
> The current stable version of glibc is 2.19. See the NEWS file in the
              ^^^^^^
These are two different meanings of stable. A distribution cannot see the
stability of a sole package as itself - it has to see it as a whole in
context of other packages. Usually, this means some other packages may see
bugs or strange behavior with the upstream stable version of glibc.

Thus, it's not as easy as copy and pasting information from somewhere else.
Once again... ;-)

--
Replies to list only preferred.