[systemd-devel] Journal rotation and notifying users

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed May 14 09:00:49 PDT 2014

'Twas brillig, and Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek at 14/05/14 16:18 did
gyre and gimble:
> On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 01:03:28PM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> i.e. perhaps it should include details on when the last rotation occured
>> and perhaps why?
> Maybe it'd be enough to increase the log level of the message about
> logging? And also to make sure that it is logged after rotation.

Perhaps, but my first reaction on running journalctl on the recovered
system and reading the first info line, was "wow, my journals only start
from an hour ago? What the f*@k happened???"

It took me a little while to actually realise what had happened and that
it was a rotation thing!

Col

--

Colin Guthrie