[systemd-devel] bulid: linking order is irrelevant

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Wed May 21 18:18:57 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh at inai.de> wrote:

> Linking order is not a problem with .la files, as .la files track
> their dependencies -- just like .so files.

It is a generally a problem that the build system tools do not solve.
We rely on gc-sections, platforms without support for it fail to build
without the explicily specified right order. Without this fix we fail
to build on ARM:
  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=2fa495c8a4ea25cb96daebb8aa0d146b74353016

> If libsystemd-network.la is relying on that udev function, it ought
> to specify libudev(-internal).la in libsystemd_network_la_LIBADD.

Yeah, I moved that around.

Thanks,
Kay