[systemd-devel] instantiated services set up

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Tue Nov 4 12:42:31 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 08:56:48PM +0100, Jan Včelák wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > OK. I will remove the syslog. But I will have to keep network.target for
> > > now as we support non-Linux systems as well. Adding support for rtnl or
> > > IP_FREEBIND would mean duplicating a lot of code... probably.
> >
> > Note that invoking IP_FREEBIND is just a single setsockopt() line...
>
> You are right. We enabled IP_FREEBIND after all. (And we also added IP_BINDANY
> and IPV6_BINDANY on FreeBSD to achieve the same behavior.)
>
> On the other hand, we cannot give the administrator proper feedback when the
> daemon is configured incorrectly.

  If you need, you can first try binding without IP_FREEBIND. If it fails,
you can print "Configured address (xxx) not available yet", enable IP_FREEBIND
and call bind() again.

--
Tomasz Torcz               "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl    wagon filled with backup tapes." -- Jim Gray