[systemd-devel] does poweroff -f really sync

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Thu Nov 6 06:08:02 PST 2014

On a related note: if I read the code correctly, reboot -f or
JobFailureAction=reboot-force should sync the filesystems. But this doesn't
seem to work:
- on fedora-devel Adam W. said that fsck ran after a boot timeout
- yesterday I did something like 'sudo install ./systemd /usr/lib/systemd/ && sudo reboot -f'
  and ended up with an _empty_ file in /usr/lib/systmed/systemd.
Am I missing something? Does this look like a kernel bug, or some
timing issue? Maybe the sync in running asynchronously?

Zbyszek