[systemd-devel] systemd user service when x is started

Damien Robert damien.olivier.robert at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 02:26:22 PST 2014

>From arnaud gaboury, Fri 07 Nov 2014 at 21:00:14 (+0100) :
> I maybe was not explicit enough.
> I have a bunch of user services started as soon as I log in.
> then I $ startx
>
> After this command, I would like systemctl --user start some services
> (window manager, etc).

Yes, this is the same setup I use.

> The first bunch of services are grouped under
> the console.target. Now I am looking for a way to group GUI services
> in something like graphical.target (or whatever else name).

As I said, you just need to ensure that when you startx, your session
launch 'systemctl --user wm.target' automatically. I put this command in my
'.xprofile' (because the *DM usually source this file), and my .xinitrc
contains
[ -r "$HOME/.xprofile" ] && . "$HOME/.xprofile"
so it works with startx too.

--
Damien Robert
http://www.normalesup.org/~robert/pro