[systemd-devel] systemd-service for each user

Jakob Schürz wertstoffe at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Nov 11 12:10:04 PST 2014

Am 2014-11-11 um 20:35 schrieb Mantas Mikulėnas:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 7:52 PM, Jakob Schürz <wertstoffe at nurfuerspam.de> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I don't know, for which words I have to search to find a solution for my
>> Problem.
>>
>> On my server i created a mailserver.target, on which all relevant services
>> for the mailserver depend. So i can [re]start and stop all services (exim4,
>> cyrus, saslauthd, amavis...) only with
>>
>> systemctl start|restart|stop mailserver.target
>
>> But i don't know, how to start this unit for each user.
>> systemctl start mailserver should scan each user and start
>> fetchmail at user1.service, fetchmail at user2.service...
>>
>> Is this possible with systemd? Or should i create a shell-script to do the
>> job?
>
> I'm not sure I understand the point of having fetchmail download *from
> localhost*... it looks like it should be completely independent from
> cyrus/etc.

My configuration here is:
I have a Mailserver running on my laptop. So i can use different
mailclients to see my emails. (It's an Imap-server). So fetchmail is
running on my machine to fetch mails from all my mail-accounts. Also for
the other Users on this machine.

> Anyway, there is no command to "scan each user". To start multiple
> units at once, make the target want all of them individually:
> mailserver.target.wants/fetchmail at user1.service, and so on.

I know that point. I have to do this individually. But i like a solution
which detects and run this automatically...
Maybe it's a good solution to connect this to some script, which adds
and removes users... Ok. Thanks for this hint. I'll think about it.
Because i have to add new users to cyrus at all an sasldb...

Jakob