[systemd-devel] systemctl show environment quoting

Alexandre Detiste alexandre.detiste at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 14:33:30 PST 2014

> I made some minimal changes to git now:
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=27e9c5af817147ea1c678769e45e83f2e4b4ae96

Thanks !

> This tries to improve things a bit, but I figure it might break stuff for you.

No it doesn't break anything since sendmail already forbid spaces in MAILTO.

The 3 lines of error handling that check for loose words will become
dead code; but we need to keep those for backward compatibility.

This may help other people too:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-July/200859.html

> I will now escape spaces and newlines inside the strings to the usualy C "\x012"
> syntax. This means spaces now become \x020.

As I understand 'escaped = xescape(str, "\n ");'
will let the '@' unaffected : cool.

> This makes the output reversible, but of course looks
> awful if env vars really contain spaces...

I guess from the man page this fits nicely with the spirit of this sub-command.
e.g. : display of ExecStart= that looks like a JSON thingy.

Alexandre Detiste