[systemd-devel] job_type_lookup_merge assertion failure in systemd

Steven Noonan steven at uplinklabs.net
Wed Nov 12 13:55:33 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 11:22 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/12/2014 07:00 PM, Steven Noonan wrote:
>>
>> >What's the best way to approach debugging this issue? Should I do a
>> >debug build to get a better core dump and wait for this to happen
>> >again?
>> >

> Looks like a regression or dupe of [1]  not sure why this bug has not been
> reopen since there is a recent comment there.
>
> Add your info and coredump there

Thanks, I've done so.

I'd like to understand in general how one debugs issues like this with
systemd. Given that it's /sbin/init, it's not easy to just attach a
debugger to it and poke around. Do people operate primarily on core
dumps of -O0 -g builds or something?