[systemd-devel] xinetd REMOTE_IP (feature request)

Fisher, Charles J. (Top Echelon) Charles.Fisher at alcoa.com
Thu Nov 13 10:53:12 PST 2014

The xinetd server from previous versions of RedHat defined a REMOTE_IP environment variable.

I realize that I can extract that data with the following code:

{
struct sockaddr_in thisconn;
int thislen = sizeof(thisconn);
getpeername( /* STDIN */ 0, &thisconn, &thislen);
printf("%s\n", inet_ntoa(thisconn.sin_addr));
}

...but it would be nice if the behavior matched xinetd.

The environment that I see defined by systemd is:

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
PWD=/
LANG=en_US.utf8
SHLVL=1
_=/usr/bin/env