[systemd-devel] make systemd service takes cpu exclusively

Cao, XinX xinx.cao at intel.com
Mon Nov 17 00:40:41 PST 2014

Hi, everybody,

            As we all know that currently systemd puts all the services into a run_queue, and lets them run together as possible as it can. However, this mechanism also brings in a problem, which means all the services will contend for CPU, and systemd is unable to make sure one service has priority ONE  and only itself takes the CPU when this service is starting.

            For example, if we want to make sure a.service runs firstly , and all the other services runs after  a.service is finished.

            So, does anybody know if systemd has this kind of mechanism?  If not, can we create a way to do this and add this feature into systemd? Or  is this idea possible?  I think this is very usefull under some situations.

            Thanks~