[systemd-devel] Systemd-networkd DHCP Server DNS integration?

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Nov 18 03:39:56 PST 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 3:30 AM, William Wilhelm <will at wilhelm.com.au> wrote:
> I'm building a router and have been experimenting with DHCPServer=yes for
> the LAN side of things. It's been working well.
> I ask if there is any integration between the networkd DHCP server and
> systemd-resolved? When the server hands out an address does it register a
> hosts entry for the client's hostname with resolved?

It does not. I'd be open to exposing the handed out leases through the
sd-network library, which then resolved could pick up (so patches
welcome!). But maybe Lennart should comment on the resolved part
first.

Note that if you hand out a lease to a local container, nss-mymachines
will be able to resolve it for you.

Cheers,

Tom