[systemd-devel] serialization bug, swap bug, etc.

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Sun Nov 23 16:59:01 PST 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 09:13:02AM +0200, Mantas MikulÄ—nas wrote:
> ~ I'm getting this on every reload:
>
> systemd[1]: Unknown serialization item 'subscribed=:1.1'
Lukas' patch should fix that.

> Doesn't seem to break anything though.
>
> ~ I'm also getting this on every reload:
>
> systemd[1]: [/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-journald.service:24] Failed to
> parse capability in bounding set, ignoring: CAP_AUDIT_READ
>
> I suppose I can ignore the message. I see that cap_audit_read was added to
> kernel 3.16, but unfortunately it doesn't exist in the current libcap
> release (libcap 2.24).
Yeah, that's annoying. We could add a wrapper around cap_from_name...

> ~ If there are two .swap units for the same partition (one made by
> fstab-generator, another by gpt-generator), systemd tries to swapon it
> twice, resulting in "swapon failed: Device or resource busy".
IIUC, the problem is that swapons are called concurently, and one fails.
If they were started sequentially, systemd would notice that they both
refer to the same device and make one of the follow the other. What
I'm guessing happens is that initially the units use different device
names, so they are not merged. Could you post both units (systemctl cat
would probably be best), so we can see what is going wrong?

Zbyszek