[systemd-devel] How to start unit before everything else on shutdown

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Wed Nov 26 13:06:51 PST 2014

Hello,

I'd like to start a unit on system shutdown and reboot, but do so
immediately after the "systemctl reboot" command is executed, before any
other units are terminated.

Is there a way to do that?

At first I thought that Before=shutdown.target might work, but thinking
about it, I think this just means that my unit will be started before
shutdown.target has been reached, but jobs to terminate other units may
be started before my unit. Is that correct?

Thanks,
-Nikolaus