[systemd-devel] systemctl isolate "foo.service" expands to "foo.service.target"

WANG Chao chaowang at redhat.com
Thu Nov 27 23:11:29 PST 2014

Hi, All

I happen to notice systemctl isolate will expands "foo.service" to
"foo.service.target", which unfortunately breaks my boot in some way.

I find the following commit:

commit 0807312
Author: Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>
Date:   Mon Oct 13 15:43:09 2014 +0200

    systemctl: when mangle unit names for the "isolate", suffix with ".target" rather than ".service" by default

    After all, we set AllowIsolate exclusively for target units so far, and
    this is more or less the only thing tht makes sense, hence also use
    ".target" as completion suffix by default.

Does it mean we can only isolate to a target unit from now on?

Thanks
WANG Chao