[systemd-devel] Service not restarting after Condition failed

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sun Nov 30 16:20:08 PST 2014

On Mon, 24.11.14 20:02, D.S. Ljungmark (spider at aanstoot.se) wrote:

> Basically, some files (config & certificates) may not exist on a system
> until it's provisioned properly, something that may take a while ( a few
> days)
>
> After provisioning, we want the services depending on those file to
> start automatically.

I'd be really careful with schemes like this. What is "after
provisioning" supposed to mean? When precisely do you want to start
those services? After the first file is in the process of being copied
in? After all files are copied in and the copying is complete? If so
how do you detect "all"? How do you detect "copying is complete"?

.path units can be used for this, but they require a strict regime how
precisely the files are dropped in, for example atomically via rename,
and which file is the last one.