[systemd-devel] [question] networkd: Any support for hooks?

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Oct 9 23:18:24 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Cameron Norman
<camerontnorman at gmail.com> wrote:
> udev was indeed my first thought for ethtool, however how would the ethtool
> commands be hooked in on containers? Or is ethtool not relevant there?

In a container you'll either have devices that you have moved in from
the outside (these should be configured (by udev) before moving them
inside), or virtual devices that are created from inside the container
(which should be just created in the "right way" in the first place
without the need to change their settings after they appear), so in
general I would say that ethtool is not relevant in containers.

Cheers,

Tom