[systemd-devel] Unicode support in console after boot

Jan Synacek jsynacek at redhat.com
Mon Oct 13 00:36:16 PDT 2014

Hello,

currently, unicode characters are not correctly displayed in the
console. After login, when I run /usr/bin/unicode_start, unicode works
fine. I tried to create a service file that runs this script, linking
tty to stdout and stderr, but that didn't work. Is there a way how to
turn on unicode support in console after boot using a service file? Or
any other type of unit? Or is this something that has to be patched in
the source (logind perhaps?)?

Cheers,
--
Jan Synacek