[systemd-devel] Possible documentation problems

Jan Synacek jsynacek at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 02:07:05 PDT 2014

Hello,

in the documentation for systemd.service, under Type= option, it reads:

  Behavior of oneshot is similar to simple; however, it is expected that the
  process has to exit before systemd starts follow-up unit RemainAfterExit=
  is particularly useful for this type of service. This is the implied default
  if neither Type= or ExecStart= are specified.

I don't think that the part about not specifying ExecStart is correct. If
there is no ExecStart in the service file, I get an error.

Also, under Sockets= option:

  Also note that a different service may be activated on incoming
  traffic than that which inherits the sockets.

I had to reread that sentence about 10 times to actually get it. I'd say
that rewording it would be benefitial.

Since I'm not sure how to "fix" any of these, I'm sending this email
instead of actually sending patches. Comments welcome.

Cheers,
--
Jan Synacek
Software Engineer, Red Hat