[systemd-devel] How is desktop container getting along?

Leslie Zhai xiangzhai83 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 00:47:44 PDT 2014

Hi systemd developers,

I am studying namespace, seccomp, pivot_root, cgroups and other thing
behind Linux container such as lxc and docker recently.

But there are only lots of use cases about Linux Server and web
application, as a Linux desktop geek, I often consider about the
disadvantage of traditional deployment of Linux desktop application.
Krita, for example, an awesome digital painting application in KDE`s
calligra suite, is depend on Qt4, kdepimlibs 4.6.0, kdelibs4 and sort of
KDE4 relative libraries; but also as a KDE develop, my desktop
environment is Qt5 and KF5, so I have to git clone KDE4 relative
libraries` repositories, then built them by myself as what other Linux
geeks often experienced ;)

When I found Desktop Container
http://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2014/07/10/desktop-containers-the-way-forward/
especially there is Sandboxed applications for GNOME keynote
http://www.superlectures.com/guadec2013/sandboxed-applications-for-gnome
by Lennart Poettering, it is impressed!

So I just want to know how is desktop container getting along? what is
it`s status? is there some git repository or something to follow?

And I have to thank the one who helped us to be familiar with
systemd-journal via systemd mailing list
https://github.com/AOSC-Dev/FixMe/blob/master/test/test_systemd_journal.c

--
Regards
Leslie Zhai