[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] 3 commits - src/core src/shared

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Oct 20 10:14:23 PDT 2014

On Fri, 17.10.14 07:09, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek (zbyszek at kemper.freedesktop.org) wrote:

> commit 46849c3fb1d92882ec456fdbf445a175c13fba9c
> Author: Zbigniew J??drzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek at in.waw.pl>
> Date:   Thu Oct 16 19:13:45 2014 -0500
>
>     systemd: log deserialization errors as warnings
>
>     If we failed to parse something that we wrote ourselves,
>     things are seriously off. This is also likely to lead to
>     problems futher on.

Well, I'd really be careful with this. Note that this code is run on
upgrades, when the systemd binary might have been replaced by a newer
version. In that case we might read the serialization of an older
version. I specifically picked log_debug() for the warnings since I
didn't want to create confusion if we change a field, especially if
the deserialized fields are not particularly important.