[systemd-devel] rpcbind static, want enabled

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 20 23:05:16 PDT 2014

I have 27 Fedora 21 & 22 installations to real hardware, all originating via
HTTP process. Half work as expected. Those that do have NetworkManager not
installed, and have

	rpcbind.service                         enabled

Those that misbehave by having a more than a minute delay on attempt to mount
nfs via fstab entries, of which half do and half do not have NetworkManager
installed, have

	rpcbind.service                         static

With chkconfig and sysvinit it was a simple matter to enable rpcbind. With
systemd evolved to v216 it seems I should be able to 'systemctl enable
rpcbind.service', but that changes nothing on these installations. What's the
obstacle here? If the explanation is in man systemctl or man rpcbind, I'm not
finding it.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/