[systemd-devel] I wonder… why systemd provokes this amount of polarity and resistance

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Oct 21 03:06:10 PDT 2014

Am Dienstag, 21. Oktober 2014, 11:59:09 schrieb Lennart Poettering:

> > > Well, our priority is to solve technical problems in a way we perceive
> > > elegant and minimal. Your priority appears to be appeasing people who
> > > prefer religious reasoning over technical reasoning. I am pretty sure
> > > you cannot appease those, and we will not compromise our technical
> > > necessesities for that.
> > >
> > > Anyway, can we please end this discussion on this ML please? Please
> > > continue this somewhere else, this ML is really for technical
> > > discussions.
> > >
> > > Sorry,
> >
> > Well… actually I tried to discuss the concerns I and others have openly.
> >
> > I went through the hassle to provide the feedback where it matters…
> > upstream… instead of joining the flamefests elsewhere or calling you
> > names…
> >
> > … but it seems to me you are so sensitive to feedback that I don´t have
> > the
> > impression you even relate to the concerns I voiced here, which in part is
> > a summary of the part of concerns I read elsewhere I see as being
> > founded.
> We are always interested in technical feedback.
>
> We are not very interested in FUD mails that tell us how we'd "force"
> people, how we'd behave like microsoft and so on. That's not useful,
> that's pretty much only hurtful.
>
> Sorry,

I didn´t intend to hurt you. I am sorry if you used what I wrote to hurt
yourself.

I just compared regarding the outcome. And to me there are similarities
regarding the outcome.

I never said you intended this. I never said you behaved intently in this way.

That is *where* I differ from any of the personal accusation stuff.

I am not assuming bad intent.

Not at all.

But I see similarities in the outcome.