[systemd-devel] systemd-cron: retrigger generator after /var is mounted

Alexandre Detiste alexandre.detiste at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 00:56:54 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have been maitaining systemd-crontab-generator for some months,
this is a generator developped outside of systemd that translates
the crontabs in timer  & service units.

I have two unresolved bugs in our tracker that I don't know how to
tackle in the most "systemd-way".

Maybe you know better.

Here they are:

https://github.com/systemd-cron/systemd-cron/issues/26
-) how can I trigger a rerun of the generator after /var is mounted.

There is already a trigger on PathChanged=/var/spool/cron/crontabs,
but this doens't work, because cron.target is started after /var is mounted.

I already noticed the presence of /run/systemd/generator/var.mount;
but I don't know how to glue it together.

Current trigger units:
https://github.com/systemd-cron/systemd-cron/blob/master/src/units/cron-update.path.in
https://github.com/systemd-cron/systemd-cron/blob/master/src/units/cron-update.service.in

---

https://github.com/systemd-cron/systemd-cron/issues/12

- ) if a lenghty weekly/monthly/yearly persistent job is aborted by a shutdown,
it is not restarted on next reboot.

---

Alexandre Detiste