[systemd-devel] Waiting for nspawn services

Rich Freeman r-systemd at thefreemanclan.net
Mon Oct 27 08:24:22 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> In general I think making use of socket notification here would be the
> much better option, as it removes the entire need for ordering things
> here. nspawn already support socket activation just fine. If your
> mysql container would use this, then you could start the entire mysql
> container at the same time as the mysql client without any further
> complexity or synchronization, and it would just work.

Is socket activation supported for nspawn containers that use network
namespaces?  Incoming connections would not be pointed at the host IP,
but at the container's IP, which the host wouldn't otherwise be
listening on since the interface for it does not yet exist.

Or do I need to move everything to different port numbers and use the host IP?

--
Rich