[systemd-devel] remote-fs ordering, iSCSI and _netdev

Chris Leech cleech at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 15:15:03 PDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 06:41:32AM +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> В Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:10:47 -0700
> Chris Leech <cleech at redhat.com> пишет:
> >
> > But there are two cases that are problematic, adding entries to fstab at
> > runtime and manually mounting without adding to fstab (while still using
> > the _netdev option, some hint is needed).  The first case actually ends
> > up being the second, with the possible work-around of always remembering
> > to run a daemon-reload after editing fstab to run fstab-generator again.
> >

> Even known network filesystems still have a problem. If network
> filesystem is mounted on boot, it pulls in network-online.target which
> (hopefully) serves as synchronization point on shutdown. If there is no
> network filesystem to mount at boot, network-online.target is not
> started. If you mount NFS manually later there is nothing to wait for
> on shutdown so network could be teared down before filesystem is
> unmounted.

Hmm, I hadn't noticed that with iSCSI because a service gets started to
connect to the target so the dependencies can be taken care of there.

Should the remote mount unit be generating a Wants dependency along with
the Before/After to ensure the synchronization point targets are active?
Or would that not work for some reason?

- Chris