[systemd-devel] mount units and symlinks

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Tue Sep 2 04:36:15 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 12:41:10PM -0700, Colin Walters wrote:
> There's likely other people in the field though with mount points that
> are symlinks, and while they're clearly buggy it'd be rather unfriendly
> to just have them entirely break after upgrading systemd.  Maybe a loud
> warning?

One of my mount didn't work due to this change. Initially I didn't
understand why and just did a mount -a to figure out if there was a
problem mounting. Only much later noticed the journalctl entry. Mounting
over a symlink seem to have worked without issues so bit baffled about
this change.

To clarify: I didn't realize I had it as a symlink, it should've been an
empty directory (due to reordering data and so on).

--
Regards,
Olav