[systemd-devel] Problem when using Cgroups with the Systemd command

Wei Yan ywskycn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 09:05:28 PDT 2014

Hi, guys,

I’m trying to get Cgroups working for RHEL7, and has a question on the Cgroups. When I started a process using “systemd-run --user <command>” under a user account, I always got an exception that “cannot get the dbus connection”. The systemd-run command under root user works well. But we cannot always use the root account to start the process.

I also looked into the systemd document. It seems that we should call “startTransientUnit()” method on systemd on the bus. Is that the recommended way? Are there convenient CLI commands that we can call to achieve the same?

thanks,
Wei