[systemd-devel] Need Help

Elias Probst mail at eliasprobst.eu
Fri Sep 5 05:23:26 PDT 2014

On 09/05/2014 11:27 AM, Sheesh Mohsin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to install mongodb in fedora 19 using yum. Its service started
> successfully after installation but after a reboot it is not starting
> its service. This is the error[1] link.

Please include such information in the mail itself. Usually nopaste
links are non-persistent and will make it impossible for people reading
the mailinglist archive at a later point to retrieve this information.

> Please some one help me out from this error. For installation of
> mongodb, I have followed this documentation [2] .
>
> [1] http://ur1.ca/i4h4y
> [2] http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-red-hat-centos-or-fedora-linux/#install-mongodb-on-red-hat-enterprise-centos-fedora-or-amazon-linux

It looks like this doesn't install proper systemd service units, but
only SysV init scripts which are started by systemd's SysV
backwards-compatibility. As SysV is missing the facilities to provide
any meaningful debugging information for such a case, you'd have to
manually start/debug the SysV initscript.

But instead, I'd suggest to simply use an existing or write new systemd
service unit instead, which will either simply work or at least provide
you meaningful debugging output.

After all, what you're seeing is rather likely an issue with the
initscript itself and nothing systemd related at all.

- Elias