[systemd-devel] transforming Iptables bash script to systemd service file -help

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Fri Sep 12 05:04:40 PDT 2014

On Friday 12 September 2014 11:53:23 Simon McVittie wrote:
> The way to do this is to write a script in the programming language of
> your choice (bash is one possibility), and have the systemd service file
> run that. There would be little point in systemd reinventing a generic
> script interpreter: we already have lots of those (bash, Python, etc.)

thanks to you and others
I only ask as I was under the impression that bash scripting was a no-no for
systemd implementations

 I will stick with the tried and tested bash scripts  for iptables
then  try something like

ExecStart=/bin/sh -c  " path/to/IptablesScript"

inside a  servce file

will this suffce ?