[systemd-devel] transforming Iptables bash script to systemd service file -help

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 05:36:01 PDT 2014

On 09/12/2014 08:57 AM, lux-integ wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am attempting to learn to use systemd.  I have  an IPtbales script I intend
> to transform from a bash script to a systemd service file.

If it had been technically possible to migrate the legacy sysv
initscript to native systemd we ( as in me and Thomas Woerner
<mailto:twoerner at redhat.com> ) would have done so during the F15
development cycle ( rather then F16 I believe )but due to wide variety
of reasons most obvious one being that you loose iptables-restore and
iptables-save we did not so I suggest you start with something that
actually works.

I'm currently looking into implementing/integrating proper nftables
support into systemd which is possible now since nftables has a proper
client library to talk to the kernel.

If and then when that work completes ( based on how well it goes and my
free time )  distribution should be able to drop iptables and the legacy
sysv initscript along with it chose they to do so.

JBG