[systemd-devel] Disabling automatic activation of swap on GPT

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Sep 15 13:23:00 PDT 2014

I made an incorrect diagnosis. systemd-gpt-auto-generator is not auto-activating this GPT swap partition. It's actually the live media's init script in the initramfs.

When I use 'noswap' boot parameter the swap isn't activated; I assume systemd doesn't look for 'noswap'. So the behavior I'm seeing is consistent with 'man systemd-gpt-auto-generator' which says:

"It will only look for the other partitions on the same physical disk the root file system is located on." Which of course is not true when booting a live system from cd/dvd/usb/image.

Chris Murphy