[systemd-devel] Should user mode linux register with machined?

Thomas Meyer thomas at m3y3r.de
Tue Sep 16 08:31:05 PDT 2014

Hi,

I wrote a small patch for user-mode linux to register with machined by
calling "CreateMachine". Is this a good idea to do so?

I think machined gives you a nice overview over all running UML
instances, also you get the scope unit and the control groups with above
registration to machined. anything else on the plus side?
The user-mode-mailing list did ask why exactly my patch is needed.

So what do you think?

with kind regards
thomas

PS: I wonder what happens when I write a service unit file that starts
an user mode linux instance and that instance will register with
machined? won't both control groups overlap, i.e. the scope unit and the
service unit? or is this not a problem?