[systemd-devel] Suppressing automounting

Dale R. Worley worley at alum.mit.edu
Wed Sep 17 07:54:47 PDT 2014

> From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <tobias.geerinckx.rice at gmail.com>

> That's not to say that it didn't happen to work most of the time. I
> just hoped systemd could do better. I still do.

I agree that systemd's current default behavior is better than the
previous default.  But there are some cases where I can easily define
behavior that would be much better (for me) than systemd's current
default behavior.  And indeed, better than the previous default
behavior.

What I am looking for is advice or pointers as to what a proper way to
implement a configurable option (presumably in /etc/fstab) that would
cause the behavior I want.

Dale