[systemd-devel] [RFC 00/25] Compile against the musl libc

Cristian Rodríguez crrodriguez at opensuse.org
Thu Sep 18 08:48:39 PDT 2014

El 18/09/14 a las #4, Emil Renner Berthing escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Around the internet one can read statements such as "systemd
> is designed with glibc in mind" and "the systemd developers' idea
> of a standard libc is one that has bug-for-bug compatibility with
> glibc".

For all practical purposes this is correct. You not only need glibc but
the behavior glibc has, documented or otherwise. If you need an init
system supporting whatever other alternate or special libc libraries you
have to look elsewhere. As far as I understand no code will be added to
support other c libraries.