[systemd-devel] Cannot get Shutdown Script to Run (Libvirt Virtual Machine Shutdown)

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice tobias.geerinckx.rice at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 17:37:58 PDT 2014

On 23 September 2014 01:10, Alexander Groleau <awgneo at xbetanet.com> wrote:
> Hmm,
>
> This is a fresh installation of arch linux with systemd. What else might be
> terminating my daemons or how might I be able to figure that out?

A cursory search linked that suspicious EOF error message to libvirtd
crashing. If that's what's happening here, libvirtd could already be
dead while systemd is correctly handling ExecStop=. Does this error
message appear when manually stopping or restarting just
libvirtd.service?

There may be other hints somewhere in the logs. I just don't
understand why yours don't contain or show those "Stopping..."
messages that mine are full of [1]. You are using plain, unaliased
journalctl, right?

Also, focus on getting "systemd {stop,start,restart} libvirt.service"
to work first, without all the extra complexity (and potential races,
and time) of a full shut-down.

Regards,

T G-R

[1] Messages which are being fiercely attacked elsewhere on this list.
Hurry! ;-)