[systemd-devel] journal-upload returning error by default

Umut Tezduyar Lindskog umut at tezduyar.com
Tue Sep 23 01:36:20 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am a bit confused about the service as it returns with error on systemd 216:

● systemd-journal-upload.service - Journal Remote Upload Service
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/systemd-journal-upload.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2006-10-01 06:34:59
GMT; 29min ago
  Process: 1712 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-journal-upload
--save-state (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 1712 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

[root at axis-00408cffffff /]2731#
/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-journal-upload --save-state
Required --url/-u option missing.

So, the --url option is not optional but even the service,
systemd-journal-upload.service doesn't send the URL option.

Looking further at the code, I can see that url option can be parsed
out from journal-upload.config but even the default
journal-upload.conf doesn't have anything for URL=.

I haven't seen any change to this since v216. This service is enabled
by default but returns error by default. I am a bit confused, am I
missing something?

Also, I do not have microhttp and this binary/service is
built/installed anyways.

Thanks
Umut