[systemd-devel] systemd from git doesn't boot properly in fedora rawhide

Jan Synáček jsynacek at redhat.com
Fri Apr 3 02:14:14 PDT 2015

Hello,

From the following commit onward, systemd doesn't boot properly in
Rawhide. Some device units time out and I'm then dropped into an
emergency shell.

commit f4ac4d1a82e2c468761fffa333323841ad886221
Author: Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no>
Date:   Wed Apr 1 13:55:20 2015 +0200

    libudev: device - replace by a thin wrapper around sd-device

All I can see is that a job is running for some of the device units and
then it times out. Log from journalctl and one of the failed device
units can be found at [1] and [2]. Any idea what might be wrong or how
to debug this any further?

[1] https://jsynacek.fedorapeople.org/systemd/journalctl.log
[2] https://jsynacek.fedorapeople.org/systemd/device-unit.log

Cheers,