[systemd-devel] Different behaviour when sending SIGTERM

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Apr 3 08:49:32 PDT 2015

On Sun, 29.03.15 19:33, Marcos Mello (marcosfrm at gmail.com) wrote:

> Mar 29 15:21:16 xxx.localdomain systemd[1]: squid.service: Supervising
> process 1491 which is not our child. We'll most likely not notice when it exits.

This is probably the source of your problems: squid's main process (or
what is reported to be it) is not a child of PID 1. THis means PID 1
will not get SIGCHLD for it, but its parent process, for whatever that
is. This then means PID 1 will not notice that squid is gone and will
eventuall SIGKILL all remaining processes in the cgroup...