[systemd-devel] Question about relationship between systemd v219 and kernel version.

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Apr 5 23:32:03 PDT 2015

Am 06.04.2015 um 08:17 schrieb 임창근:
> Hello EveryOne.
>
> I wonder that If I use kernel v3.4 with systemd v219, systemd-run function is work or not.
> Because My target have kernel v3.4 and systemd v216.
>
> So, If possible, I want apply just minor upgrade at kernel side.
> Which Kernel Feature needed? or impossible?

systemd typically is not tested against *taht old* kernnels at all and
recent systemd requuires mostly a recent kernel - what is the purpuse of
such a *stone old* kernel with a fresh systemd? don't you think the
combination is more then questionable?

look at RHEL7, a way newer kernel and a conservative systemd

systemd-208-20.el7_1.2.x86_64
kernel-3.10.0-229.1.2.el7.x86_64