[systemd-devel] fsckd needs to go

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 6 06:21:54 PDT 2015

Hello all,

Lennart Poettering [2015-04-03 16:34 +0200]:
> Well, I had a brief look at this patch, but it still doesn't get the
> socket IO stuff right. It uses synchronous fgets() to read things of
> the sockets, that's still not OK, and is a major thing that is
> wrong.

fsckd kicks malicious/broken fsck clients which send garbage, but if
you want to do the buffering explicitly I can rework the patch to do
that. That is, if we actually keep fsckd in the upstream sources :-)
I wouldn't like to spend time on this if you already pre-decided to
kick this out, but I would ask to reconsider, and instead discuss
what's wrong with the code.

Thanks,

Martin