[systemd-devel] SystemD, Gnome permission problems

Kai Krakow hurikhan77 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 05:26:57 PDT 2015

dean <deanshannon3 at gmail.com> schrieb:

> Ok thanks for your prompt reply. It is my understanding the the
> house-keeping-plugin "cleans" /tmp so does it need access? Does systemD
> "clean" its own /tmp files/folders?

Yes, it does. See "man tmpfiles.d", it ships with defaults for the tmp
directory.

The directories you are seeing are private (isolated) bind mounts for
several services which systemd does the house keeping for. It comes from the
service option PrivateTmp in *.service files. It provides a service its own
private and empty tmp directory for security reasons.

--
Replies to list only preferred.