[systemd-devel] About the exit of systemd-udevd

Tom Yan tom.ty89 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 07:47:02 PDT 2015

Under certain conditions, I discovered that commands like `udevadm
control --exit` or `systemctl stop systemd-udevd` (with the sockets
stopped beforehand) will kill udevd before it finish its jobs which
triggered by `udevadm trigger` (I presume applying a written udev rule
is one of them).

Is this acceptable/expected? If so, is there any way to guarantee the
jobs is done before it gets killed?

Attached is a script for testing.  I think any arbitrary udev rule
could be used for testing. For example I used:
ATTR{devpath}=="13", ATTR{power/wakeup}=="enabled/disabled"