[systemd-devel] CAD often useless

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 15 10:31:38 PDT 2015

This isn't the first time or the only system. This particular one is an old
Athlon booted to F22 just updated last night. In order to try some follow-up
on a bug, I booted with drm.debug=14 log_buf_len=16M on cmdline. Somehow
after exiting IceWM back into KDM, the system quit responding. After some
waiting, I was switched to a tty full of systemd-journal failed to write
readonly filesystem messages. How the system got / into a readonly state I
have no idea, but my complaint is $SUBJECT, the time it takes, or the
complete failure, trying to reboot when there is a problem, often seeing
failed to store sound card state or failing boot *start* jobs. Why has
rebooting to get out of trouble gotten to be so nearly impossible?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/