[systemd-devel] CAD often useless

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 16 23:25:46 PDT 2015

Lennart Poettering composed on 2015-04-16 12:16 (UTC+0200):

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek composed on 2015-04-15 18:11 (UTC):

>> > Did you try to press CAD more than 7 times within 2s? This should
>> > result in immedate reboot.

I don't normally count, but what I usually do is just hold the three keys
down until the reboot process becomes apparent.

>> My fingers and keyboards are old. I just hold CAD down until reboot proceeds,
>> or not. All that have repeat and delay configurable in BIOS are set to 20 cps
>> & 250 delay.

> Linux does not use the hardware typematic rate anymore, since about 10
> years. It's irrelevant what you configure there.

My systems are all multiboot. Most have floppy drives and will boot DOS.

>> KDE I always set to same.

> But you are using IceWM you said.

I only ever use IceWM to discover whether DE startup trouble is in Xorg or in K*.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/