[systemd-devel] systemd-nspawn trouble

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 13:43:28 PDT 2015

Hi!

Now that systemd 219 is finally available in arch I am playing with
systemd-nspawn again.

I was trying to run "systemd-nspawn --ephemeral", but that failed
since I had a read-only image in /var/lib/machines. Why is that not
allowed? systemd-nspawn does create its own snapshot of that one after
all (which can be read-write). Why does the base image have to be
read-write, too?

Then I have trouble with "systemd-nspawn --network-veth": The host0
interface won't come up and stays in degraded state. On the host i get
the following line in the journal:

systemd-networkd[509]: ve-XXX     : Could not enable IP masquerading:
Protocol not available

I have an nftables based firewall up and running, so maybe networkd is
expecting iptables to be in use?

Best Regards,
Tobias