[systemd-devel] journald-remote problem

Eric a at ooxo.tk
Wed Apr 22 05:14:56 PDT 2015

Hi, I'm trying to sync my vps log to laptop. They are connected with
openvpn.

Both laptop and vps are,

- Arch Linux
- systemd 219-5

- vps: 10.8.0.1
- laptop: 10.8.0.6

It is already secured by openvpn tunnel. So I tried with normal http
settings. Services are launched successfully. There is nothing happening
in journal. Also there is nothing in /var/log/journal/remote/ .

Also I tried example from man page.

~~~
$ ll /tmp/jjj
-rw-r--r-- 1 a a 0 Apr 22 15:54 /tmp/jjj
$ journalctl -o export | /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-journal-remote -o
/tmp/jjj -
Received 0 descriptors
Using standard input as source.
Failed to open output journal /tmp/jjj: Invalid argument
Failed to get writer for source stdin: Invalid argument
Failed to create source for fd:0 (stdin): Invalid argument
~~~

Am I doing right? I attach config and service file.

Thanks.

# laptop ; 10.8.0.6
# /etc/systemd/system/systemd-journal-remote.socket

[Unit]
Description=Journal Remote Sink Socket

[Socket]
ListenStream=10.8.0.6:19532

[Install]
WantedBy=sockets.target

# laptop ; 10.8.0.6
# /etc/systemd/system/systemd-journal-remote.service

[Unit]
Description=Journal Remote Sink Service
Requires=systemd-journal-remote.socket

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-journal-remote \
          --listen-http=-3 \
          --output=/var/log/journal/remote/
User=systemd-journal-remote
Group=systemd-journal-remote
PrivateTmp=yes
PrivateDevices=yes
PrivateNetwork=yes
WatchdogSec=10min

[Install]
Also=systemd-journal-remote.socket

# vps ; 10.8.0.1
# /usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-journal-upload.service

[Unit]
Description=Journal Remote Upload Service
After=network.target

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-journal-upload \
          --save-state
User=systemd-journal-upload
PrivateTmp=yes
PrivateDevices=yes